A couple of times I’ve been left with an orphaned workspace directory after deleting a project.
If you don’t the credentials to remove the directory in the operating system, try this Groovy script:
def command = """rm -rf /var/lib/jenkins/workspace/TheOrpanedWorkspace""" // Create the String
def proc = command.execute() // Call *execute* on the string
Clone a “bare” Repository
This command is useful to setup an intermediate repository to develop against instead of developing directly against github:
git clone --bare [remote github repo] [local repo]
Push all your branches in the “bare” repo to the github remote
This will push all your branches to the remote, and set-upstream tracking correctly for you:
git push --all -u
If you are looking for an easy way to emulate BASH up / down arrow behavior as well as TAB completion of filenames and directories then this might be a solution for you:
- Change your default shell to ksh93 using the “chsh” command and select “/usr/bin/ksh93“
- Edit you “.profile” file and add the following line:
- Copy the contents of THIS FILE to $HOME/.kshrc
The following steps will allow you to by-pass the shutdown menu when you press the “power” button on the remote control and allow the box go directly into suspend mode (M3) or shutdown (M1):
- ssh into your Pivos box
- cp /usr/share/xbmc/system/keymaps/keyboard.xml to /root/.xbmc/userdata/keymaps/
- Edit /root/.xbmc/userdata/keymaps/keyboard.xml
- Change <power>ActivateWindow(shutdownmenu)</power> to <power>XBMC.Suspend()</power>
- Change <s>ActivateWindow(shutdownmenu)</s> to <s>XBMC.Suspend()</s>
Note: If your device is an M1 model, simply change XBMC.Suspend() to be XBMC.Shutdown() instead.
- Subscribe to unblock-us.com and following instructions described here: http://support.unblock-us.com/customer/portal/articles/291573
- Power off the WD TV Live using the remote power button (red). Wait 10 secs and power back on again.
- Go to the Setup screen
- Select system->Reset Location, a U.S. based timezone should be selected automatically if unblock-us is setup correctly.
- Once the location has been reset correctly, you can adjust the timezone setting to match your location.
- Go to Services
- Confirm that you have HuluPlus, Netflix etc.
For the last week or so I have been receiving annoying telemarketing calls. Today a found a real simple way to automatically re-direct these annoying calls to voicemail.
The following steps describe how to set this up in Android 4.1.2 (Jelly Bean).
Awesome script to clear all of your Windows 7 event logs. Wish I remembered where I sourced it from to give them credit.
FOR /F "tokens=1,2*" %%V IN ('bcdedit') DO SET adminTest=%%V
IF (%adminTest%)==(Access) goto noAdmin
for /F "tokens=*" %%G in ('wevtutil.exe el') DO (call :do_clear "%%G")
echo Event Logs have been cleared! ^
echo clearing %1
wevtutil.exe cl %1
echo You must run this script as an Administrator!
I recently discovered an issue on my Windows 7 x64 system where double clicking text files (associated with TextPad) and Excel files (associated with Excel) took over 30 seconds to open the file.
A few forums on the Web suggested that the problem was that a program on my system may be blocking DDE messaging. In my case it turned out that Acronis TrueImage 2012 was the issue.
After uninstalling this bad boy I found that my file open timings returned to normal.